Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Out of Date

So a lot has happened in the last 2 years. I'm married, Amy has had ACL reconstructive surgery. My parents are spending the Winter in Arizona like they have always talked about, we got a do named Turk (he also goes by Sir Turkelton III, Noodles, Nugget, Porkchop, Turkey, Nathan), and I am enrolled in a triathlon.

The triathlon is the most recent event as it is coming up on Amy and Bryen's birthday, the year of our lord April 26th, 2009. It is in Florida so we will be spending the week after on the beach visiting with the Simpson family. Oh yeah, my brother in law moved to Florida to join the police academy. My training is going good, building up to the race distance of 1 mile swim, 25 mile bike, and 6 mile run. I ran 6 miles outside last night (it's finally warming up). Swimming is getting easier but I still think it's the most challenging. The run with suck too, but mostly because it's at the end.

2 comments:

fakeplasticlaura said...

i think next you need to do the san francisco triathlon, it is only a 1.5k swim (in the freezing bay with notorious seal that nip swimmers), 40k bike ride (up over all those hills, oh those hills), and a 10k run (over all the same hills)

but at the end you can go and visit uncle jesse and uncle joey and danny tanner will massage your feet

...and then we go to nibs and get teriyaki steak breakfast

think about it

okthirteen said...

OMG. Nibs makes my mouth water.